St. Raphael’s College Transition Year Programme
St. Raphael’s College Transition Year Programme is a unique, optional one year programme that promotes the personal, social, vocational and educational development of students and prepares them for their role as autonomous, participative, and responsible members of society.
St Raphael’s College designs its own Transition Year programme and complies with Department of Education & Skills requirements.
Our programme aims to:
- Enable students to develop life skills for their working life.
Promote the development of personal and social responsibility for their community, both in school and in their local vicinity.
- Develop programmes that allow the students to learn independently and to assist students in taking greater responsibility for their own learning and decision making.
- Encourage the development of a wide range of transferable critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Provide the students with a wide range of opportunities to broaden their educational experiences.
- Encourage students to achieve their potential in subject areas and learning experiences within the programme.
- Provide a transition from Junior to Senior Cycle.
- Facilitate students in making better informed subject choices for Senior Cycle.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum including the provision of additional support in the core subjects where possible.
- Discover and develop their own individual gifts and talents.